Friday, November 18, 2016

my commentary on colleague’s commentary.


As I read through many different blogs this one stuck out to me a lot more than the others, the title caught my attention because it has been a discussion I’ve had with friends and family recently. I agree with you Aubrey that the Election Day needs to be changed to the weekend so we can get more people to vote. I never considered that the Election Day was biased to lower income and higher income people, but you have a very good point because of the ‘being able to get off work’ aspect of a higher income job. And the idea of making Election Day a national holiday is the best idea for America especially since we barely had half the population vote in this recent 2016 election. If the Election Day was moved to the weekend and was a national holiday there would most likely be a twenty-five percent increase in voter turnout, drastically increasing the interest of millions. The last sentence you said leaves me speechless, “Again everyone’s vote is supposed to matter but it’s honestly looking like the people who make more money are the only votes that matter.”

Direct link in case embedded link wont open.
http://aubreyreedy.blogspot.com/2016/11/elections-on-weekend.html

No comments:

Post a Comment